Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dosa Eating.

I'm not a vegetarian. Too much sacrifice.

But vegetarian cuisine like this might make it worthwhile.


This spring vegetable dosa knocked me on my butt as much as a carnitas taco would have. Only difference is that the dosa would make me a lot more regular.

My one regret is that this place Udupi Palace on Valencia in the Mission, is charging more for their dosa's than they do in their branch down in Fremont. Maybe they are trying to compete in the same market with Dosa -- the rip off dosa restaurant up the street.

They both charge more for vegetarian South Indian than suburban Indian restaurants in the South Bay.

They both have a liquor license. (Beer is awesome with Indian food.)

They both are smack dab in the middle of the hipster & entertainment strip on Valencia.

May the best dosa win!

No comments:

Post a Comment