Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm Getting Old I Guess...

Last week hit home the fact that I'm not as strong or as fast as I used to be.

At one of my conditioning classes my instructor/torturer made us do a Tabata of push-ups. The Tabata is a workout where you do 8 sets of a given exercise; 20 seconds of maximum reps of the exercise, 10 seconds rest, then move onto the next set. So for a Tabata of push-ups, you'd be doing the maximum number of push-ups for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, then start all over again.

The Tabata was very hard -- its to be expected. But the number of push-ups I did over eight sets wasn't much. Putting it into perspective, 11 years ago I could do more push-ups doing two back to back sets with only 2 minutes rest in between.

Maybe I've gotten weaker. Maybe I've gotten fatter.

Either case, it sucks to be getting older....

No comments:

Post a Comment